WonderHowTo is a how-to website made up of niche communities called Worlds, with topics ranging from Minecraft to science experiments to Scrabble and everything in-between. Check in every Wednesday evening for a roundup of user-run activities and how-to projects from the communities. But don't wait—start submitting your own projects to the most appropriate World now!
Below are the how-to highlights from the last week, as well as any current activities going on this week in the World communities.
What can you do with all of that random junk lying around your home? Turn it into something useful! In the MacGyverisms World, you'll learn how to make use of those odds and ends. Christian Miller and the community share their favorite MacGyver-friendly hacks and crafts, including a fan grille plant hanger, toilet-paper tissue dispenser, tear-free bath cup, and a light bulb changer.
- How to Turn an Old Fan Grille into a Decorative Plant Hanger
- Save Over $30 on Kleenex with a Personalized Tissue Dispenser
- How to Make a Tear-Free Bath Rinse Cup for Kids
- How to Change Hard-to-Reach Light Bulbs Without a Ladder
Have a MacGyver hack of your own? Share!
Everything has more uses other than its intended one, and last week, Yumi was out to prove it. Click on the images below (or hit up the links underneath) to see some ingenious and unexpected ideas for using salt, upcycling glass, and applying nail polish.
- 13 Unexpected Uses for Salt
- 9 Creative Ways to Reuse Glass Bottles
- 11 Extraordinarily Practical Uses for Nail Polish
Have an idea for an article you'd like to see Yumi illustrate? Share your ideas in Secret Tips from the Yumiverse! You can even illustrate your own how-to guides!
This week's main Minecraft Challenge will drive you crazy! Literally. Because it's all about building the biggest and baddest vehicle. Think you've got the coolest design? Submit and you could win some server perks. Challenge ends on July 15th.
Working with one piston in Minecraft is hard enough, let alone four or five in combination. It can be painstakingly difficult and confusing. But only if you don't have the proper guidance. Join this week's Minecraft Workshop on Saturday, July 14th at 12pm PST to learn how to use multiple pistons in one device, along with ABBA switches and edge triggers. Click here for the full details.
- How to Build a Deadly (But Practical) Minecraft Machine Gun
- How to Make and Use ABBA Switches to Turn Your Redstone Around
- How to Build a High Efficiency Enchanting Setup
Have a tutorial you'd like to share? Maybe just a screenshot of one of your coolest builds? Share in Minecraft World!
Last week in Mad Science, William was "backwards" crazy. His first article focused on the basics of robotics and making your bots go backwards, while his second showed how to build a reverse geocache box.
- Robot Basics: Using an H Bridge to Move Your Bot Backwards
- Backwards Geocaching: How to Make a Reverse Geocache Box
Got some Arduino skills? Know of any super secret chemistry projects? Share them with the rest of the Mad Science community. We need more Mad Scientists!
The King of Random is back with another sun-powered tutorial, this time showing us how to start a fire using some paper, a full plastic water bottle, and of course... the sun! Siddak Bakshi shared a great video he found on making a functioning circuit—on paper! And Byron Schmidt shared a couple tutorials last week, one on making custom vibrations on your iPhone, and one on folding an origami dragon head.
There's a place for you here! There's tons of Worlds to submit content to and engage with. You can submit a photo editing how-to to the Photoshop World, a gun disassembly article in the Firearms World, or some cool paper folding instructions to the Origami World.
But it doesn't end there. There's literally a World for everyone here on WonderHowTo, so search for your community and get involved with other like-minded individuals. Can't find a World that meets your interests? Then create your own and start sharing your passion with the rest of us.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades