WonderHowTo is made up of niche communities called Worlds. If you've yet to join one (or create your own), get a taste below of what's going on in the community. Check in every Wednesday for a roundup of new activities and projects.
This week: A New Year's Eve cell phone photography challenge, a Minecraft workshop on creating a multi-channel music sequencer, instructions for crafting your own New Year's Eve photobooth props, and more!
- Phone Snap!—This week's cell phone photography challenge calls for your favorite New Year's Eve shot. Bring a smartphone to your festivities this year, and don't forget to post your best photo to the Phone Snap corkboard by Monday, January 2nd, 11:59pm PST. Enter for a chance to win a Camera Lens mug! More details here.
- Minecraft World's Weekly Workshop—Log on to the WonderHowTo Minecraft server on Saturday, December 31st at 4pm CST (2pm PST) to learn how to create a multi-channel music sequencer made famous by YouTuber FVDisco. More details on the workshop here; if you still haven't joined the server, there are details on getting whitelisted here.
- Community Byte—Both newbie and veteran programmers are welcome to join Null Byte's weekly community coding projects. Held every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 5:00pm PST, coding sessions take place on Mondays and Wednesdays (instructed by moderator Sol Gates), and HackThisSite walkthroughs take place on Fridays (instructed by admin Alex Long). Meet up on the Null Byte IRC at the appropriate time! More details here.
- Yumi of Secret Tips from the Yumiverse shares several DIY solutions for the thrifty consumer this week. Click on the image below to enlarge, or click through to learn how to make your own shaving cream and toothpaste at home.
- Jett Loe from Edit on a Dime presents several interesting photo and video editing apps this week, including Magisto, which just might be the perfect solution for all of that rambling video footage captured over the holidays. Learn how to automatically edit it in a matter of minutes, with just a few clicks. To keep up on the latest photo and video editing apps, join Edit on a Dime now!
- Remember NightHawkInLight World's miniature cannon made with a lighter? Ben's latest video provides instructions for creating miniature ninja darts as ammo, using cheap, junk drawer materials. Join the World now to keep updated on future projects.
- Just in time for New Year's, Phone Snap shares instructions on making your own simple DIY Photobooth props. Print, cut, glue, and pose! If you make any, post your results to the Phone Snap! community corkboard.
- Minecraft World moderator Niko Bellic presents a 5-part series this week on mastering survival mode in Minecraft. Parts 1- 4 are already up, stay tuned for Part 5.
- As always, there's plenty of tutorials from Null Byte for you to browse. This week: A comprehensive guide to buying computer parts, how to downgrade and jailbreak your iOS christmas presents, Skyrim hacks, mods, and more! Check the blog roll for a full rundown.
If you've got a relevant How-To, a source of inspiration, or a finished project, post it to the corkboard in one of the applicable Worlds above. If your project is unrelated to these areas, you can publish a How-To article directly on WonderHowTo, or you can start your own World if you've got the passion—or just post directly to the WonderHowTo company corkboard.
Got a question? Comment below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.